I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award! I am so excited for the nomination and want to thank Catalina for nominating me! Check out her blog here: http://zamoracatalina.wordpress.com/ She writes about being 40 and single again. Catalina, you rock girl!
Part of the process is I have to tell 11 things about myself and then answer 11 questions posted by the one who nominated me so here goes.
I love the Lord with all my heart. I love being a mom and I’m good at it. I am madly in love with my husband and we talk about how we both get butterflies when we are with each other. I love bacon!! I have a slight obsession with buying new flip flops but I work hard to not go crazy and keep it in check. Some things that many may not know about me is that I have been playing the piano by ear since I was 3 1/2 years old (I had to reach up to reach the keys) and I have been writing songs since I was in the 4th grade. Obviously I love to write. I cannot draw, even my stick figures don’t look right. My favorite color is red. I have a small 8lb maltipoo named Brady that is our baby and we have taught him to wait for us to say the blessing before he eats and also to ring a bell when he needs to go outside. Now I will try to answer the questions.
1. How old were you when you had your first kiss? I was 14. (I did have a boy, a very close friend, give me a smack on the lips at the age of 5 but don’t think that counts.)
2. Did you grow up in a home with both parents? Yes and my parents have been married for 42 years.
3. Do you believe in reincarnation? No but I do believe in Salvation.
4. Do you believe in heaven and hell? Yes
5. What is your favorite cinema movie ever? I actually have a thing for old black & white movies like “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn” and “Rebecca” and so many more, but a cinema movie would be “Pride & Prejudice”, “Return to Me” & “Signs”.
6. What song would you like played at your funeral? An old song written by Bill & Gloria Gaither called “Something Beautiful”
7. What one word describes you? Unselfish
8. What is your astrological sign? Sagittarius
9. What is the one quality that you want most in the opposite sex? Integrity
10. What is the one thing that you feel you should change about yourself? I procrastinate and I hate that!
11. What movie star do you resemble most (you have to answer this)? I have been told I look a little like Helen Hunt, Kate Hudson or a young Barbara Mandrell, however I am going to say Smurfette.
Now I am supposed to nominate some blogs that I feel deserve this award. Here are some that I think are definitely worth reading:
Now these nominees need to tell 11 things about themselves, answer my questions and then nominate blogs with less than 200 followers that they feel deserve to be nominated as well as include a link to my blog for the nomination. (hey I don’t make the rules, I just follow them).
Here are my questions for the nominees:
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your inspiration for writing your blog?
- Who is your biggest supporter of your blog?
- What is your best character trait?
- What is your worst character trait?
- What do you feel is your greatest achievement/success so far in your life?
- What song would you like played at your funeral?
- Name the funniest movie you have ever seen?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is the one main thing you want readers to get from your blog?
It has been such an honor to be nominated. I hope that my readers take from my blog a sense of empowerment and that you are not alone.